4V Services will be hosting an in-person Tech Summit focused on MarkLogic technical content. For 2023 this will be run as a small event (10-20 participants).
Monday morning May 22nd 9:00am EST – Wednesday May 24th noon.
Welcome reception Sunday evening May 21st.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Philadelphia Downtown/Center City. Walking distance from Reading Terminal Market, the LOVE statue, America’s Most Historic Square Mile, and other downtown Philadelphia sites. The conference rate for the hotel is $169 per night (plus taxes).
Full agenda to come, but we’re currently planning the following:
- Unit Testing Workshop: a hands-on workshop building skills with the marklogic-unit-test framework
- Introduction to Semaphore: build an understanding of Semaphore’s capabilities
- Mastering the Optic API: take your Optic API skills to the next level
- MarkLogic Data Hub: The Good, the Bad, and the Entities: working with MarkLogic’s Data Hub in real-world projects
- Data Modeling: schema-agnostic doesn’t mean modeling doesn’t matter; we’ll look at how to structure data in our favorite multi-model database
- Essential XQuery: there are some corners of MarkLogic that require the use of XQuery; it’s also a great language for working with XML
- Performance (likely a couple different sessions): whether ingesting or serving data, doing it efficiently is key to handling Big Data volumes
- Designing and testing APIs: determine a good structure for consumers to interact with MarkLogic as a data layer
- Essential Apache NiFi: Apache NiFi is data orchestration tool, which makes it useful for extracting data from other sources and bringing it into MarkLogic
Who Should Come?
Developers who are actively working with MarkLogic customers or prospects. You will learn from the technical content as well as meeting other members of the MarkLogic developer community.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to get the COVID-19 vaccine before attending. If you are unable to do so, please plan to remain masked while in the company of others.
Who is 4V Services?
4V Services is a software contracting company specializing in MarkLogic. Founded by Dave Cassel in 2018, the company has been working with clients and growing their team since then.
Dave Cassel worked for MarkLogic for almost 10 years, filling a variety of technical roles. He wrote The MarkLogic Cookbook and has blogged about MarkLogic since 2009.
How do I Register?
If you’re interested but unable to attend this event, write to techsummit@4VServices.com and let us know if:
- You would attend if the event were held in a different location (let us know where you are).
- You can’t make it this year but are interested in attending next year.
We look forward to hearing from you!